Friday, September 18, 2009

Let Jesus Do It!

I got this interactive analogy I like to use on people.

I pull out a set of keys or a quarter and lay it on my hand and then tell them to try to take it out of my hand.

They are expecting me to close my hand, so they quickly grab it. Since I did not close my hand, they easily got it, then I would say, “No, try to take it out of my hand”

So again, they would reach for it, and again, I don’t close my hand, and they easily take it out of my hand.

Then I say “You don't understand. I want you to TRY to take it out of my hand!”

By this time, they are confused. How can you try to take something out of someones hand when they don’t make it difficult? All they are doing is just taking it out of my hand, when I told them to TRY to take it out.

Naturally, they are confused because they expected a struggle and hardship, but realizing that it’s more difficult to try to do something that should come easily to you. Like letting Jesus do the work and start celebrating our existence in Jesus reality. We work too hard trying to "get saved" or saving others as if Jesus needed us to do it.

I think it takes more faith to trust Jesus to do it than it is for us to try hard. Maybe that is why so many work so hard for their salvation, they lack faith in Jesus to take care of their salvation!

Do you really want more faith? Then quit trying so hard!



  • “Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try” ~Yoda

 Boyd

2 comments:

  1. "Naturally, they are confused because they expected a struggle and hardship, but realizing that it’s more difficult to try to do something that should come easily to you. Like letting Jesus do the work and start celebrating our existence in Jesus reality. We work too hard trying to "get saved" or saving others as if Jesus needed us to do it."
    That has to be one of the greatest paragraphs I have ever read!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and for sharing with us your comments.