Saturday, September 18, 2010

Enjoy Life to the Must!

 "Holy Must Batman!"

Do you have a Holy Must? 


Luke 2:49,
And He said to them, “Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I  must be about My Father’s business?”

Luke 13:33
Nevertheless I  must journey today, tomorrow, and the day following; for it cannot be that a prophet should perish outside of Jerusalem.

John 3:30

He  must increase, but I  must decrease.

John 9:4
must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work.

2 Peter 1:14
knowing that shortly I must put off my tent, just as our Lord Jesus Christ showed me.

Of course, there are many musts throughout the bible and no need to visit them all.  But I had begun to wonder if our lives are filled with musts, or are they filled with “would be nice if” or “I should” or, here’s a good one, one in which we come close to endangering ourselves to blaming God for our failures…”If the Lord willing…”

Must, is a powerful statement. "I must" is saying “to heck with the excuses, the worries, the finances, the neighbors, families, friends, and even pastors and churches!  I MUST…..”

Do you have a “Must” in your life? Or are you living a wish?  Wishing to me is being “wishy washy”.  “I wish(y-washy) I had a way to go“ turns into “I MUST go and there is a Way!”

I do not want anyone to fuss at me for seemingly ignoring key scriptures such as:

James 4:12-16
Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is evil.


But should we use that as an excuse to not move forward?  Should we lay back and do nothing based on assuming that it’s not God’s will?  We look for signs of God telling us to move forward when God simply never put the sign up there that we should stop!  If you drove down the road and saw an intersection, but there was not a stop sign, would you stop? Do you need a “Go” sign?  Or do you simply drive on through assuming that the other road crossing this intersection is the one with the stop sign?

Luke 11:29 As the crowds increased, Jesus said, "This is a wicked generation. It asks for a miraculous sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah.”

We keep looking for Go signs where there are none except this:

Matthew 28:19-20  Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (Emphasis of course, is mine in this quote)

That is our Holy Must, and in our everyday life, we have our Musts we ascribe to.

What is it that you Must do?  Build a business?  Go back to school?  Become  more active in your church?  Spend more time with family?  YOU have to dig deep inside yourself, (ask the holy spirit for help on this one) and find your MUST in your life.

I highly recommend popular book "The Shack" by William P. Young, the Holy Spirit is depicted as Sarayu, a small, delicate and eclectic woman of Asian descent, who loves to dig out weeds in your "garden", which is deep into your soul.

I also highly recommend "Your God is Too Safe" (Rediscovering the Wonder of a God You Can’t Control.) by Mark Buchanan, which helps you get out of your "Border Land", much like The Shack helps you get out of your Shack of a life.

Ecclesiastes 9:10
“Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might,….”


 Don't just live a musty life, enjoy life to the Must!

Boyd
Click Here To Follow This BMOC Blog Site


Boyd Merriman


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for sharing with us your comments.